LHC working groups
The LHC working groups provide a common forum for discussion among the LHC experiments and the theoretical physicists. Their goals include:
- to propose common standards for the interpretation and representation of the LHC results
- to discuss common systematics, e.g. those arising from the use of theory tools
- to combine/average LHC results
- to facilitate the validation and tuning of MC tools
- LHC working groups are established by common agreement among the LHC experiments and the LPCC, from suggestions of the LHC experiments’ physics coordinators
- Their members include experimental conveners, proposed by the experiments, and experts from the experiments and from the theory community.