To subscribe to the WG mailing list, go to
The working group meets typically twice per year (once at CERN and once outside). The WG is a forum for:
- Exchange of technical information and discussion of results between LHC experiments on their forward physics programmes.
- Interaction between theorists and experimentalists from the LHC experiments about forward physics
- Development of the future LHC forward physics programme
- Development of a strategy for special LHC runs for forward physics
- Discussion of new technologies applicable to forward detectors
- Development of ideas for new LHC experiments for forward physics
- Discussion of relations of LHC forward physics to other fields (e.g. cosmic ray physics) and facilities (e.g. EIC)
Dedicated subgroup meetings and more general meetings will take place every 5-6 weeks and are opened to everybody.
WG documents and meeting agendas: see links in the right menu
For further information, please contact the group conveners:
- Lydia Beresford and Jesse Liu (ATLAS)
- Christophe Royon (CMS)
- Murilo Rangel (LHCb)